09:02 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> Hi everyone, I'm Suzanne from the RIPE NCC. If you have questions/comments for the presenter and want me to read it out, please state your name/affiliation and I'll go to the mic when questions are called for. Please note that all chat transcripts will be archived and made available to the public on
09:03 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> Michael Behringer, CISCO, has begun the presentation, “A "Virtual" Out of Band Channel”
09:24 < rvs> mogge
09:31 < tore> Tore Anderson, Redpill Linpro: How are the devices assigned the loopback addresses reachable through the virtual OOB network? I assume these have to be globally scoped, not link-locals?
09:31 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> Michael Behringer has asked for questions.
09:31 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> I will read that out for you, Tore
09:35 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
09:35 < tore> Thanks, Suzanne_RIPENCC
09:35 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> You're welcome.
09:36 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> David Lebrun, UCLouvain, has begun the presentation, “Segment Routing: IPv6, Implementation and a Practical Use Case”
09:55 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> David Lebrun has asked for questions.
09:57 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
09:58 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> Eric Vyncke, CISCO, has begun the presentation, “How to Secure Routing Header for Segment Routing”
10:17 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> Eric Vyncke has asked for questions.
10:23 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
10:24 < Suzanne_RIPENCC> This session has now ended.
11:00 < Michael_RIPENCC> Hi everyone, I'm Michael from the RIPE NCC. If you have questions/comments for the presenter and want me to read it out, please state your name/affiliation and I'll go to the mic when questions are called for. Please note that all chat transcripts will be archived and made available to the public on
11:01 < Michael_RIPENCC> 'Olafur Gudmundsson has begun the presentation "Keeping DNS Parents and Children in Sync at Internet Speed!".
11:18 < shane> I week TTL: ru mad, bro?
11:18 < dRk> i see what you did there
11:19 < mickod-2110> how ru not knowing this already shane?
11:19 < mickod-2110> 😉
11:20 < Michael_RIPENCC> 'Olafur Gudmundsson has asked for questions.
11:28 < Habbie> shane, lol
11:32 < Michael_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
11:32 < Michael_RIPENCC> Job Snijders has begun the presentation "IRR Lockdown - How to Make the Most of Existing IRR Systems".
11:37 < Habbie> people are complaining they cannot see the slides on the stream
11:37 < Habbie> are they expected to view the pdf in parallel?
11:38 < amanda_ncc> yes
11:38 < Habbie> thank you
11:38 < amanda_ncc> The lighting in the room makes it impossible to show both the slides and the presenter clearly.
11:38 < Habbie> understood
11:40 < amanda_ncc> You can kind of read the slides with the preset I'm showing now but then the speaker is really dark #webcastproblems 😉
11:42 < Habbie> ah yes, i see
11:42 < Habbie> somebody is suggesting 'picture in picture' to me but i can see how that's a bigger engineering challenge
11:42 < jcerezo> but this actual setup works very well
11:43 < jcerezo> we see transcription, presentation and figure speaking (though dark)
11:43 < Habbie> you can even see the arms moving
11:43 < Habbie> for speakers that do that
11:43 < amanda_ncc> Can you read the slides though? I am only seeing it on a very tiny window from where I am.
11:43 < mihnea_RIPENCC> amanda_ncc: slides look perfect
11:43 < Habbie> small in my browser
11:43 < amanda_ncc> ok
11:43 < Habbie> probably fine in other players
11:44 < AntonioPrado> AS666, reserved
11:44 < Habbie> can only read the bottom line in the browser
11:44 < mihnea_RIPENCC> Habbie: there is a"full-screen" button in the top right of the webstream
11:44 < Habbie> yes
11:44 < Habbie> that absolutely works
11:44 < mihnea_RIPENCC> great
11:44 < amanda_ncc> The thing with picture and picture with the presentation is that if the presenter is in the small window, it cuts off a part of the slides and if it's vice versa, the slides are too small to read.
11:44 < Habbie> amanda_ncc, in this small window it's pretty much undoable, yes
11:50 < Habbie> mentioned on a slide
11:50 < Habbie> +3 twitter followers in 10 seconds
11:50 < AlexBand> so, it seems to me that IRR = lots of data, bad quality and RPKI = small amount of data, great quality.
11:51 < Michael_RIPENCC> @Alex, is that something you'd like me to take to the mic?
11:51 < AlexBand> No thanks Michael
11:51 < AlexBand> Maybe I'll walk to the mic myself 🙂
11:52 < klaver-12902> Hi, Luna (AS12902) here with a question for Job:
11:52 < brian-1213> Well, we've killed the site right now anyway.
11:52 < klaver-12902> Do you see a profitable bussiness to sell BGP intelligence as a feed, like SpamHaus does, or is this something that should be governed by the RIRs?
11:52 < Michael_RIPENCC> @klaver-12902 thanks for the question, I'll ask Job when he opens it up
11:54 < Michael_RIPENCC> Job Snijders has asked for questions.
11:57 < AlexBand> Jen, we have numbers on IRR vs RPKI
12:02 < Michael_RIPENCC> @klaver-12902 I've just been informed that they closed the mic and I'm not able to ask the question. I apologise for that. I suggest that you direct the question directly at Job (via his contact details) or catch him at lunch...or perhaps join the BoF that George mentioned on the mic
12:03 < weiler> was the question asked in the chat room before the lines closed?
12:04 < klaver-12902> Michael_RIPENCC: I know job, no problem
12:04 < weiler> if so, it would be unfair to suppress it.
12:04 < Michael_RIPENCC> @Weiler yes - the argument is that we're running behind time and need to move on to the next presentation.
12:05 < teun-12859> job is here in the channel, he'll probably answer it later
12:05 < weiler> we didn't throw Ruediger out of line....
12:06 < Michael_RIPENCC> The presentation is now finished
12:06 < vato-5607> clap clap clap
12:06 < Michael_RIPENCC> Chris Grundemann has begun the presentation " Operators and the IETF - What Next?".
12:07 < ripe722> anybody know if the IRR BOF tonight will be webcast?
12:07 < job> it will not be webcast
12:07 < shane> The revolution will not be televised.
12:08 < job> klaver-12902, i don't see a business case in monetizing this in any way
12:08 < ripe722> "revolution"??
12:08 < job> klaver-12902, you can have the data for free, the code for free, and use the hosted version for free, good luck! 🙂
12:08 < robert_ripencc> "television" ??
12:08 < weiler> Robert: "Netflix"
12:09 < amanda_ncc> lol
12:24 < Michael_RIPENCC> Chris Grundemann has asked for questions.
12:33 < Michael_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
12:34 < Michael_RIPENCC> The session has now ended.